How VCI Corrosion Protection Works
How VCI can cut costs.
- Multifunctional products.
- More effective corrosion protection.
- Efficient delivery systems make it economical to treat hard-to-protect items.
- Easy to apply.
- Improved health, safety and pollution control.
- No need to remove VCI protection, eliminating extra processing steps.
- Extend equipment life.
VCI vapor corrosion inhibitors can now be used in every stage of the product life cycle.
From the start of the production of metal stock to its actual use in the field. When properly applied
VCI additives, metalworking fluids,
and VCI packaging will substantially cut time and costs throughout the entire
manufacturing process including the ultimate, storage, shipment, field service or final presentation of the
finished product. VCIs can eliminate many extra processing steps of cleaning, degreasing, rust removal, pickling, sandblasting and re-protecting.
When using VCI products you will have less re-work, fewer rejects, improved quality, reduced rust claims
and longer equipment life.
Ionic Action of VCI Corrosion Protection Creates a Molecular Corrosion Inhibitor Film on Metal Surfaces
- VCI vaporizes into the ambient air or package.
- VCI conditions the enclosed atmosphere with a protective vapor.
- VCI vapor migrates to all recessed areas and cavities.
- Vapor condenses on all metal surfaces.
- VCI ions dissolve in moisture film (water electrolyte).
- Protective ions are attracted to metal surfaces.
- VCI ions form a thin, mono-molecular protective film at the metal surface.
- VCI film barrier re-heals and self-replenishes through further condensation of the vapor.
- Antistatic Packaging
- Paper Packaging
- Poly Packaging
- Packaging Inserts
- Foam Packaging
- Boiler Water Treatment
- Corrosion Control Coatings
- Metal Cleaners & Degreasers
- Corrosion Control Lubricating Formulations
- Water and Oil Additives
- Electronic Conformal Coatings
Product selection guide to Daubert corrosion protection liquids, coatings and powder products. Corrosion solutions for industrial applications. Proven quality products trusted by manufacturers worldwide since 1948. "The Leading Name in Corrosion Protection"
Water vapor, oxygen and contamination barrier packaging. Tri-laminated sheets or custom made bags of PET, PE and Foil sandwiched together in a thin film 4.5 mil thick. Meets Military specifications Mil B 131 H Type 1 Grade A. Heat sealable and flexible. Excellent for packaging powders, chemicals, oxygen and water vapor sensitive components such as pharmaceutical packaging. Maintains RH (relative humidity below 40%) inside the package.
Live Downloads and Links:
See how easy it is to use rust and corrosion preventatives: