Department of Defense Specification A-A-59441 Type 5, Form 2 and Form 3 Naval Sea Systems Command (Ship Systems)
Conforms to Mil I-22110 Type 1 and Type 2
is a water-soluble formulation of Vapor Corrosion Inhibitors (VCI) for ferrous metals, cast iron & aluminum. For hydro-testing, dry fogging or as an additive to other water based fluids such as machine coolant, metalworking fluids, test baths, metal washing compounds, boiler water, closed loop water systems, degreasing solutions, mothballing lay-up of plant and equipment, test baths, metal washing compounds and final rinse in a production line.
VCI-1 Powder is an excellent rust inhibitor to add to parts washer and pressure washing equipment to add corrosion resistance to steel, cast iron and aluminum.
Method of Application
Wet or dry application technique. This formulation is especially effective way of protecting ferrous and aluminum metals from corrosion due to adverse environmental conditions such as high heat and humidity, seawater or other harsh environments.
Dry VCI Powder Application
For average conditions the recommended dosage is 0.30 ounces (weight) per cubic foot (28 Liters) of enclosed space.( 300 g/cubic meter) Concentration can be increased to protect metals under more severe conditions. Powder is applied by air fogging or sprinkle and then the treated area is closed or sealed.
Wet VCI Powder Application
For average conditions the recommended dosage as a solution is a 0.25% in water (based upon weight). This solution is recommended as a hydrostatic test fluid or as an additive to a final rinse in metalworking applications. Concentration can be increased to protect metals under more severe conditions. The treated area is then closed or sealed.
Parts Washers / Pressure Washers Rust Prevention Application
Add 2 % by weight of the volume of water detergent mixture.
VCI-1 Powder Features
- Safe Plant Handling
- Low Odor
- Provides corrosion protection in the liquid and the vapor phase
- When used in liquids the product provides protection in liquids below, above and at the liquid levels
- Protection of recessed and hard to reach areas. Complicated valves and the interior surfaces of piping and equipment, which are often difficult or impossible to reach, are protected with true Vapor Corrosion Inhibitor action
Easy to Use VCI-1 Powder Corrosion Protection
VCI Powder is applied by either blowing with conventional air blasting equipment or other methods using compressed air. Can be applied by sprinkling of VCI powder, rinsing or dipping metals in a solution of VCI powder & water, hydrotest solution, metalworking fluids, coatings, adhesives and water treatment formulations.
- Solubility 15% at Room temperature
- Corrosion Protection Up to Two (2) Years
- Protected surfaces should be inspected, whenever possible, after the first six month period
- The product will protect metal surfaces for up to 24 months in a closed vessel
- Removal If required vci powder can easily be easily removed by flushing with water or blowing with air
- VCI-1 Powder is 100% biodegradable and Non-polluting
VCI Powder Uses
Large vessels and tanks / Hydro static testing solutions / Closed loop water systems/ Metal working fluid additive / Metal cleaning additives / Final rinse additive / Lay up and storage inhibitor solution or powder / Dry fogging enclosures for long term storage / Cast iron washing / Plant and equipment mothballing for long term lay up
| VCI Powder Catalog |
VCI-1 Powder Product Data Sheet |